IBM DB2 Certification
The following article lists down the general queries that the candidate appearing for an IBM DB2 certification has in his mind.
Everything you want to know about the IBM DB2 000-731 exam? by Jennifer Ford
Q. What is the IBM DB2 000-731 exam?
A. The IBM-DB2-731: DB2 9 DBA for Linux UNIX and Windows certification is intended for experienced DB2 9 users who possess the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the day-to-day administration of IBM DB2 9 instances and databases residing on Linux, UNIX, or Windows platforms. According to the IBM Website:
"If you are knowledgeable with DB2 9 and are capable of performing the intermediate to advanced skills required in the day-to-day administration of DB2 instances and databases, you may benefit from this certification role."
Q. What are the prerequisites for the DB2 DBA 000-731 for Linux and Windows exam?
A. To appear in the IBM DB2 000-731 DBA for Linux, UNIX and Windows certification exam, candidates must pass IBM DB2 000-730 DB2 9 fundamentals, or IBM 000-700: IBM DB2 UDB V8.1 family fundamentals exams.
Q. What are the benefits of becoming an IBM DB2 DBA?
A. The benefits of becoming an IBM DB2 DBA are as follows:
* The IBM DB2 DBA certification proves expertise on the IBM products and technologies.
* DB2 9 DBA for Linux, UNIX and Windows certified candidates find it easy to enter into the job market.
* The IBM DB2 000-731 exam ensures a solid foundation of skills within the candidates and enhances their ability to perform effectively in the particular area.
* The DB2 DBA certification improves the productivity of the candidates and hence accelerates their professional development.
* DB2 9 DBA for Linux, UNIX and Windows certification not only benefits fresh candidates by providing them various job opportunities, but also helps the experienced people in keeping themselves up-to-date in the field of new technologies.
* Acquiring the DB2 certification proves the potential of the candidates and facilitates them with top computer jobs with a higher salary in the field of IBM DB2.
? Q. What certificate does it provide?
A. It provides the IBM DB2 DBA certification for Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
Q. How many questions are asked in the test?
A. There are 69 questions in IBM 000-731 DBA exam.
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. The duration of the IBM DB2 731 exam is 90 mins.
Q. What is the passing score?
A. You need 59% to pass the DB2 DBA exam.
Q. Is the IBM-DB2-731: DB2 9 DBA for Linux UNIX and Windows exam right for me?
A. This test is appropriate for you if you have experience in IBM DB2 Databases and you want to work as a Database Administrator (DBA). This test is suitable for you if you are a medium to advanced level database administrator.
Passing the IBM-DB2-731: DB2 9 DBA for Linux UNIX and Windows exam validates your skills and knowledge in the field of IBM DB2 Database technology. It tests your knowledge and skills necessary to perform the day-to-day administration of DB2 9 instances and databases residing on Linux, UNIX, or Windows platforms.
Q. What can I expect in the 000-731 exam?
A. This test consists of Multiple Choice questions. There are no Case study type questions. You will be required to attempt approximately 69 questions in 90 minutes. To pass, you need a score of 590 out of 1000.
Q. What are the skills that are measured by the IBM DB2 000-731 exam?
A. The IBM DB2 731 exam is designed to test the knowledge of an examinee on managing data server, performing data placement, securing data server, etc. Following are some important areas in which an individual should possess good knowledge before taking the IBM-DB2-731 test:
* Managing DB2 data server
* Performing data placement
* Analyzing DB2 activities.
* Understanding how to use various DB2 database utilities
* Performing database-level and table space level BACKUP & RESTORE
* Configuring online parameters
* Authorizing and authenticating various DB2 roles and database instances
* Understanding DB2 security infrastructure (e.g. LBAC and Security Plug-ins)
About the Author
Jenny is a marketing Manager. She has completed her MBA from Stanford University. She is working at uCertify for more than 10 years.