COBOL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS IN PDF
COBOL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
I plan to compile all the COBOL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS IN PDF, but until I get time, please manage with the following:-
- A data name must at least be 8 digits in COBOL
- A sentence in COBOL consists of one or more than statements terminated by a period?
- A level 77 can start in any of AREA A or AREA B?
- RENAME in COBOL is not used to regroup elementary items in a group?
- Find which one of the following is not correct
A) The environment division is the most machine dependent division among all the divisions
B) In Most compilers the environment division must contain the configuration section.
C) Environment division has all the rules to solve any problem.
D) All the peripheral devices required by a cobol program are mentioned in the environment division
- 77-level entries are permitted in _________________.
A) Any part of the file section
B) Any part of the working-storage section
C) Before all 01-level entries in the working-storage section
D) Any part of the data division
- Each of the following combinations of edit char can appear in the same picture clause except for
- A record can be described using which of these level numbers
A) 01 to 49 (both inclusive) and 77
B) 01 to 49 (both inclusive)
C) all odd numbers from 01 to 49
D) all even numbers from 01 to 49
- Indicate which one of the following is an invalid paragraph name
; ; ; ;
- Which one of the following is incorrect?
A) SUBTRACT A B C FROM D E F
B) SUBTRACT A B C FROM D E GIVING F G
C) SUBTRACT A FROM D, B FROM E, C FROM F
D) SUBTRACT A FROM B GIVING D E F
- Which one of the following is incorrect
A) DIVIDE A INTO B
B) DIVIDE A BY B
C) DIVIDE A INTO B GIVING C
D) DIVIDE A BY B GIVING C
- A data item Var1 described with PIC S9(4) requires 3 bytes of storage if its usage clause is
- Which one of the following is not a valid statement?
A) MULTIPLY CORRESPONDING RECORD1 BY RECORD2
B) ADD CORRESPONDING RECORD1 TO RECORD2
C) MOVE CORRESPONDING RECORD1 TO RECORD2
D) SUBTRACT CORRESPONDING RECORD1 FROM RECORD2
- Which one is incorrect in the following?
A) IF A IS GREATER THAN B GO TO PARA-A
B) IF C IS NOT POSITIVE GO TO PARA-C
C) IF D IS NOT ALPHANUMERIC GO TO PARA-D
D) IF E = 3 OR 4 GO TO PARA-VALID
- Which one of the following is false about the SET verb?
A) The SET verb can be used to set one or more indexes to a particular value
B) The SET verb can be used to move the current value of an index to one or more identifiers
C) The verb can be used to increment one or more identifiers by a positive integral value
D) The verb can be used to decrement one or more indexes by a positive integral value
- Which of the following statements are false?
A) A more efficient code is generated if indexing rather than subscripting is used
B) Indexing is a must, if search verb is to be used on a table
C) Relative indexing is allowed but relative subscripting is not allowed
D) A perform statement with varying option can manipulate a subscript but it cannot manipulate an index
- Which of the following may not take place when a file on Tape is opened in INPUT mode?
A) It positions the tape at the first record
B) It checks whether the retention period for the file has expired or not and if period is expired then prints an error message
C) It allocates buffers to the file to store user records
D) It checks the title of the file to ensure the opening of the correct file
- Which of the following does not provide options to set up special procedures for handling input-output errors or exceptions in COBOL?
A) Invalid key
B) Close statement with lock option
C) At end clause
D) Use procedure
- Which of the following is false about the block contains clause
A) It reduces the space required to store a file on tape or disk
B) It reduces the time required to process a sequential file
C) It reduces the number of physical records in a file
D) It reduces the number of logical records in a file
- Which of the following is false when procedures are used with the sort verb?
A) The input and output procedures may share any section or any part between them
B) Procedures must not contain any sort/merge statement
C) Control must not be passed to any part of these procedures from elsewhere in the program
D) An explicit transfer of control from the procedures to the outside is not allowed